Egyptian Rice Recipe
Egyptian Rice Recipe is easy to prepare and well worth the effort.
Ingredients for Egyptian Rice Recipe :
- 1 cup dry vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/4 cups boiling chicken stock
Directions of Egyptian Rice Recipe:
- Break the vermicelli into 1-inch pieces (or use an Arab or Indian brand that is already broken up).
- In a wide non-stick skillet, saute onion in oil till translucent, and remove from pan.
- Saute vermicelli pieces in leftover oil till golden (this happens mroe quickly than you expect it to).
- Add onions back to pan and add rice; stir to combine.
- Pour in boiling stock, stir.
- Cook over very low heat for about 20 minutes.
- This time will vary depending on the age and type of rice you use.
- If desired, stir in a pat of butter before serving.
That’s the traditional Egyptian Rice Recipe Hope you like it.