Monday, September 10, 2012
APRICOT RICE PUDDING
Apricots are used throughout the Middle East as is rice. This is a tasty and unique dessert.
1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3/8 cup water
2 (1 lbs) cans apricot halves in juice, drained
2 cups milk (approx.)
3/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Have a 1qt. shallow bowl handy.
2. Put the rice in blender, blending until fine.
3. Pour into small bowl, add cornstarch & water, stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
4. Pour the drained apricots in blender, and blend until smooth.
5. Add just enough milk to total 4 cups (approximately 2 cups milk.).
6. Pour into a small saucepan & add sugar & to the rice mixture.
7. Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture begins to a boil.
8. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from heat & stir in extracts.
10. Stir to blend.
11. Pour pudding into a bowl and allow to cool at room temperature for 1/2 hour, then chill.
12. When pudding is cold, serve.