APRICOT MOUSSE ~ A LIGHT SUMMER DESSERT
1/2 cup dried apricots
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup cottage cheese (non or low fat works fine)
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 packet unflavored gelatin
1. Put apricots in bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. Set aside for 1 hour to soften.
3. Place drained apricots in blender, add honey and blend until smooth.
4. In a small saucepan, dissolve gelatin in 2 tbls of water.
5. Place on low heat and stir until all gelatin is dissolved.
6. Combine cottage cheese and yogurt in a seperate bowl and whip until smooth.
7. (this can be done in the blender too.) Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl and slowly stir in the gelatin, the fold in the apricot puree.
8. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.