Sunday, September 9, 2012
50 g Toblerone chocolate bar (honey nougat chocolate) (Cadbury's equivalent would work, too)
1/4 can condensed milk
2 cups hot water
4 teaspoons instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons gelatin
1. Mix gelatin in 1/2 cup water.
2. Dissolve it by heating it over a pan of hot water.
3. Divide into 2 equal parts (one for the white coffee mixture and the other for the black one).
4. Blend coffee powder in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of hot water.
5. Divide into 2 equal parts.
6. Add sugar and one portion of the dissolved gelatin.
7. Keep this coffee-jelly mixture aside.
8. Add condensed milk and the remaining gelatin to the other portion of the coffee.
9. Mix this milk-coffee-jelly mixture nicely.
10. Take 5 cocktail glasses and pour 1/2 inch layer of black jelly coffee mixture.
11. Chill till set.
12. Pour a 1/2 inch layer of the milk-coffee-jelly mixture.
13. Chill till set.
14. Repeat the layer.
15. Chill to set.
16. Chop the Toblerone chocolate into small pieces.
17. Melt it over a pan of hot water.
18. Just before serving, pour 2 tsps.
19. of the melted chocolate on the set dessert.
20. Decorate with a maraschino cherry and a mint leaf.
21. Serve in style!