Sunday, September 23, 2012

OKRA CASSEROLE











BAMYA BIL TAKHDI'A (OKRA CASSEROLE)


 



 

 
2 Package of frozen, cut Bamya
2 Lb of cut lamb meat (you may use beef) cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
1 medium onion (fine chopped)
2 crushed and fine chopped cloves of garlic [optional, and if you are single like me :)]
1 Tbs oil (to counteract the high fat in lamb)
2 diced bell peppers
1 small can of tomato pasteMethod

 

1. Heat the oil and sautee the onions and garlic till the onions become translusecent.
2. Drop the the meat and brown it, here if you care for for your diet and weight you may drain the fat other wise do not (I prefer the latter), add the contents of the paste with one can full of water
3. Simmer until the the tomato boils and thickens a bit drop the Okra, bell pepper and simmer on low till done.
4. I always like my food to bite me back so I use a dash or cayanne pepper to make it hot.
5. Enjoy it

 

How to eat it A l' Omran

 

1. Do not eat it in same day, eat it the following day so the flavour is better.
2. Add a few dashes of lime juice (freshly squeezed) and eat the first bowl with whole wheat Egyptian Pita (or Nan if you know an Indian grocery).
3. The second bowl I eat it mixed with nice white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment