Sunday, September 9, 2012
This Arabic potato salad is a refreshing change from the standard mayonnaise version, perfect for serving at barbecues and picnics.
* 5 large potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
* 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped.
* ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
* ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
* ¼ cup olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic
* ¼ cup lemon juice
* salt & pepper to taste
Place the first six ingredients in a large salad bowl. In a separate bowl, mash the garlic with the salt, then add the lemon juice & stir. Add the dressing to the rest of the ingredients and toss gently, being careful not to crumble the potatoes and the eggs. Serve chilled.
Serves 4 to 6.